Single speed : 400 starts/hr
Dual speed : 120 / 240 starts/hr
Short time rating
Single speed : 60 min
Dual speed : 30 / 10 min
ASME H5, ISO-M5
HOIST MOTOR RATING
Short Time Rating
This rating indicates how long the hoist can be operated continuously at rated capacity on the cycle beside, assuming continued operation for a short time span.
Single speed : 60 min.
Dual speed : 30 / 10 min.
Intermittent Rating (Percent ED)
Max. Number of Starts Per Hour
This rating indicates the allowable ration of motor ON time to motor OFF time, and starts per hour for a hoist operated continously at 63% of rated capacity on the cycle below, assuming continued operation or repeated starting over a long time span.
Example ( single speed ): %ED :
Motor ON time ( t1 + t3 ) x 100
T ( 1 cycle )
Where T = 1 cycle ( t1 + t2 + t3 + t4 )
and is more than 10 minutes.
TMP Hoist Motor Ratings :
* Single speed : 70%ED, 400 starts/hr
Dual speed : 40 / 20 %ED, 120 / 240 starts/hr
Frame & housing :
- The load-supporting frame is cast in one piece from aluminium alloy by gravity die-casting (type tmp15 and tmp30) to ensure structural intergrity.
- Lightweight modular design has fewer parts and is easy to install and maintain.
- Frame and control enclosure are ip55 weather protected against ingress of dust and water.
- Baked finish gives the frame superior resistance to harmful environments.
- Patent #055843
Hoist brake :
- Dc disc brake with two flat-faced brakes discs (asbestos free) with a life of more than 1 million actuations, patent pending.
- Oversized brake disc’s lower surface stress and prolong brake life, frequent adjustments are not necessary.
- Holding brake can be manually released to lower the load in the event of a power failure or malfunction without special tools.
Overload limit :
- New design: the load-limiting clutch does not break the kinetic bond between the holding brake and the lifted load, patent pending.
- External access: the hoist gearbox does not have to be disassembled to service the load-limiting clucth
Heavy duty hoist control :
- Telemecanique (square d) magnetic contactors chosen specifically for heavy-duty service have a rated life of more than 1 million cycles.
- Reversing contactors are mechanically interlocked for added safety.
24 volt, low voltage control transformer standard.
Gear box :
- Multi-stage high performance gear train, gear teeth are precision machined for long life and quiet operation.
- Planetary gear drive used for the final high torque reduction, all forces are balanced.
- Permanently lubricated for life.
Push button station :
- Molded reinforced high insulation plastics housing is impact, weather, corrosion and fire resistant.
- Double insulated design.
- Push button switched are mechanically interlocked for added safety.
Strain relief cable is molded into the pendant cord.
True modular design :
- Hoist motor can be removed with the hoist fully loaded. Chain sprocket can be removed without disassembling the gearbox. Load limiting clutch can be serviced without opening the gearbox.
- Plug-in push button and power cord.
Hoist motor :
- Squirrel cage parallel rotor motor designed specfically for hoist duty.
Modular design facilities maintenance, the hoist motor can be removed with the hoist fully loaded for testing and or replacement.
- Separate mounting of the motor and brake prevent local heat buildup.
Motor housing is extruded from aluminium alloy.
- Cooling fins increase surface area for maximum heat dissipation.
- Class h insulation standard 180°c rise from 40°c ambient.
- Thermal protection via 145°c rated n.c. thermostatic switch embedded in motor windings.
- Duty rating is 70% ed, 400 starts per hour for single speed three phase hoist, equal to hmi classification h4.
- Tenv and ip55 totally enclosed construction can be withstand harsh environmentals.
- Single speed 4 pole (1800 rpm) motor standard, two speed-two winding 4/12 pole (1800/600 rpm) 3/1 ratio motor and control optional.
- Drop forged from alloy steek and heat-treated for strength and toughness, will not fracture but open slowly when overloaded.
- Equipped with safety latch and 360° swivel hook.
Load chain :
- Grade 80 super alloy load chain is precisely calibrated and heat-treated for long life.
- Safety factor is more than 6-1. Load chain is zinc plated for resistance against corrosion.
Limit switch :
- Upper and lower lomit switches can be adjusted to stop the hook in any position.
- Limit switch has built in chain guides to safety stop the load event of twisted or damaged chain, also prevents non-vertical lifting.
Chain sprocket :
- Tmp machined alloy steel lifting sprocket is heat treated for maximum performance.
- High precision chain sprocket has more than 5 times the life of an investment casting sprocket. Advanced modular design enables replacement of the lifting sprocket without dismantling the hoist gearbox and without theuse of special tools.
- Low headroom design.
- High duty cycle, 400 start per hour standard.
- Heavy duty hoist motor with class H i Insulation.
- Increased lifting speeds over the competition.
- Higher horse power than our competitors.
- True Modular Design
- Grade 80 super alloy load chain, 6 to 1 safety factor.
- Chain container standard.D.C. brake, our unique design does not break the kinetic bond between the holding brake and the lifted load. Our brake design also incorporates a manual release mechanism in case of power failure.
- Overload protection via advanced external slip clucth.
- Sealed electrical enclosure.
- Plug-in push button and power cord standard.
- Upper and lower paddle type limit switch has built in chain guides.
- Pendant, lightweight, double insulated and ergonomically designed.
- 24 volt low-voltage control.
- Trolleys have wrap around frames with safety lugs and bumpers standard.
- Motorized Trolleys option includes, soft start-stop feature, D.C. disc brake, plug-in connections, circuit breaker short circuit protection, EMS contactor and five button pendant.
- Available in230/460 volt 3/50 (select models available in 115 volt single phase). Others voltages available.
Advantages of ABM Chain Hoists
Precise Safety Clutch
- Easily adjustable -> minimizes installation time
- Maximum wear resistance, operates in oil bath -> minimal cost for maintenance and repair
- Overload safety -> extends life of gearbox and motor
Foolproof Electrical Connections
- Quick disconnect plugs -> easy connections during installation | foolproof design | no electrical contractor needed
- Low voltage control (optional) -> maximum operator safety due to use of low voltage of 48 V
Modular Hoist Suspension
- Easy exchange of eye bolt or swivel top à minimizes installation time hook suspension -> minimizes installation time
- Easy switch from 1 to 2 falls operation -> quick adaptation at installation site